Tuesday 10 November 2015

Things haven't gone to plan so far


Thing haven't gone to plan so far
Peter Wood ♦ Winlaton, Gateshead ♦ 2015

And all the things I want in life
They seem slowly to drift away from me
Like grains of sand between my fingers
Like embers from a bonfire suffocated by the cool autumn air
It all feels rather hopeless

And some people have their perfect job
And some people are getting married
And some people are having babies
And some people have all of this
And some people have none of this
And yeah I'm jealous

Yet why should I even try any more
I know I'll never be like them
I throw obstacles in my way
And it's hard to be a happy shiny person
When you're constantly hurdling
And falling

So here I find myself again
Three pints under
Or rather I don't find myself
For I already know that there are no answers
At the bottom of the pint glass
However much I squint
However much I hope sometimes
You see, somebody told me that once

Somebody
Somebody needs to help me sometimes
The scariest thing is
That person is always me

No comments:

Post a Comment