Tuesday 24 December 2013

Christmas Eve, all dark and stormy...

ALL of the bad weather affecting the Christmas getaway in the UK has thankfully left Tyneside largely unscathed.

Nevertheless, the rain and wind has reminded me of this festive song, especially liked by my late Nanna:

Christmas Eve All Dark & Stormy
Christmas Eve all dark and stormy
Time to go to bed
Time to hang your little stocking just above your head
Through the door and down the chimney
In the candle light 
Santa Claus the Christmas Fairy
Means to come tonight [repeat]

He is old and very feeble
With a splendid sack
Full of lots of lovely playthings
On his bended back
While the children are a sleeping
He will softly go
Fill their stockings full of playthings  
‘Til they overflow [repeat]

Please I want a railway engine, 
Please I want a whip.
Please I want a little rag dolly, 

Or a sailing ship
Through the door and down the chimney
In the candle light
Santa Claus the Christmas Fairy
Means to come tonight [repeat]

Merry Christmas to all of my family, friends, and occasional blog readers
Enjoy the next few days and stay safe x

No comments:

Post a Comment